Audited from 1st February 2017
What’s new in Issue 3?
The development of Issue 3 followed a wide consultation to understand stakeholders’ requirements. A review of emerging issues was also carried out in the logistics industry and the industries it serves. The information has been developed and reviewed by a working group composed of stakeholders representing different sectors of the logistics industry, retailers, brand owners, certification bodies and independent technical experts.
The focus for Issue 3 is:
- continuing to ensure consistency of the audit process
- grading system to increase recognition for better-performing companies
- unannounced options to give even more confidence to customers that standards are constantly being applied
- greater consistency with the requirements of the other BRC Global Standards
- vehicle and load security
- more robust requirements for own-label wholesalers to reduce their exposure to fraud
- increased supplier approval requirements
- focus on companies providing contracted services in areas that have traditionally
- resulted in recalls and withdrawals (e.g. label and packing management)
The BRC Global Standard for Storage and Distribution Issue 3 is available on BRC Participate, along with the Interpretation Guideline. Printed copies and PDF downloads are also available for purchase from the BRC Bookshop.
Source: BRC Press Release